Pauline VanderGrinten, MA, LPC, NCC, LMHC, BC-TMH, QS
Pauline VanderGrinten is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Nationally Certified Counselor, a Board Certified TeleMental Health Provider, and Qualified Supervisor in the USA. She is also registered with CPAM as a Mental Health Counselor in the Cayman Islands.
Pauline has been working in Grand Cayman with Education Connection since 2003. She was sought out as a Cognitive-Behavioral Specialist for treating OCD/ Anxiety disorders and impulse control disorders. She remained on island for one year and then returned to USA in September 2004. From there Pauline continued her work at the Center for Anxiety Disorders in Wisconsin, as well as, traveling globally to meet the needs of her Cayman clients. She returned shortly after to Cayman to continue her outpatient work and was invited to be the Behavior Specialist at the inception of Hope Academy in 2009.
Through Pauline’s persistence, determination, and drive, Hope Academy’s Clinical Services began in 2011, Hope Academy became a Licensed Health Care Facility (HPC/HCF/107) growing to 14 CPAM Licensed Clinicians ranging from Mental Health Counselors, a Psychiatrist, Psychologists, Neuropsychologists, Speech & Language Therapist, and BCBAs. Pauline is currently the Clinical Director & Supervisor of Hope Academy's Clinical Services.
Pauline’s treatment focuses on:
- Anxiety disorders including separation, social, phobias, selective mutism, agoraphobia, panic, general anxiety
- OCD and related disorders including OCD, BDD, Hoarding, Trichotillomania, Skin Picking
- Neurodevelopmental disorders including high functioning ASD, ADHD, Tic disorders
- Bipolar and depression disorders
- Trauma disorders including RAD, PTSD, Acute Stress disorder, Adjustment disorder
- Eating disorders including anorexia nervosa, bulimia and binge eating
- Relational, occupational, educational problems
Pauline graduated from UW-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI, USA) with a bachelor’s in Psychology and a master’s degree in Counseling from Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI, USA). She completed her clinical practicum at Rogers Memorial Psychiatric Hospital (https://rogersbh.org/) in Oconomowoc, WI, USA, where she received extensive training in treatment for OCD/Anxiety, Mood, high functioning ASD, Hoarding, Eating, BFRBs and Impulse Control Disorders in Residential and partial hospitalization programs, as well as, intensive outpatient programs.
Pauline gained valuable experience from being directly trained by experts in the field of Anxiety/ OCD research and treatment. She was supervised by one of the world’s leading experts, the Chief Clinical Officer and Clinical Director of the OCD Center and CBT Services at Rogers Memorial Hospital. After her training, she continued her employment at Rogers Memorial Hospital and the Center for Anxiety Disorders until coming to Grand Cayman. Pauline’s CBT expertise was also utilized by the local government providing in-home assistance to clients with diagnoses of hoarding, including animal hoarding,
Pauline is eclectic in her approach believing not only one therapeutic approach will fit all clients. She has been specially trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Exposure/Response Prevention (ERP), Habit Reversal, Prolonged Exposure including imaginal and in-vivo exposure, Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), Behavioral Activation, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Mindfulness, Positive Psychology, Emotionally Focused Therapy, and Solution Focused Therapy.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Cayman Islands (CPAM/PL/COUNS/02)
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Wisconsin, USA (3467-125)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, State of Florida, USA (MH10827)
- Nationally Certified Counselor, USA (75286)
- Board Certified-TeleMental Health Provider, USA (1788)
- Mental Health Qualified Supervisor, State of Florida, USA
- American Counseling Association Affiliate since 2000
- Anxiety Disorder Association of America Affiliate since 2001
- Wisconsin Psychological Association Affiliate since 2002
- Obsessive Compulsive Foundation Affiliate since 2003
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Affiliate since 2004
- Florida Mental Health Counselors Association since 2016